Selena Gomez Hieght
Selena Gomez Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics
Selena Marie Gomez is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and television producer. She made her first TV show appearance with Barney & Friends alongside Demi Lovato in 2002. Born in Grand Prairie, Texas, this Hollywood beauty won the “Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite TV Actress” 5 times in a row from 2009 to 2013. Gomez was also awarded the “Ultimate Choice Award” at Teen Choice Awards in 2014. In 2016, she received the “American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist” while in 2017, Gomez was honored with the “Billboard’s Woman of the Year”.
At just 17 years of age, Gomez became a UNICEF ambassador and also starred in various movies like Another Cinderella Story (2008), Princess Protection Program (2009), Ramona and Beezus (2010), and Monte Carlo (2011). Stars Dance (2013) was her first entry on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Selena Marie Gomez
Sel, Selly, Selenita, Conchita, Mamachita, See
Grand Prairie, Texas, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Selena attended Danny Jones Middle School, Texas, USA but faced the problem of bullying (like many other popular celebs) daily in the school. So, she was mainly homeschooled. In May 2010, she received her high school diploma via homeschooling.
Actress, Pop Singer and Fashion Designer
She is signed with Creative Artists Agency.
- Step-Father – Ricardo Joel Gomez, Brian Teefey
- Mother – Amanda Dawn “Mandy” Teefey (née Cornett) (Former stage actress)
- Siblings – Gracie Elliot Teefey (Half-Sister), Scarlett Teefey (Half-Sister) (Deceased Sister), Tori Gomez (Half-Sister)
Dance, pop, electropop, pop rock, dubstep
Hollywood Records, Interscope Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Selena Gomez dated –
- Nick Jonas (2008-2010) – She dated singer-songwriter and actor Nick Jonas between 2008 and 2010 and was also spotted in the music video for the song Burnin’ Up by the Jonas Brothers.
- Taylor Lautner (2009) – It was speculated that the singer had a romantic association with actor and model Taylor Lautner in 2009.
- Justin Bieber (December 2010 – December 2012; 2013, 2017-2018) – Canadian singer, Justin Bieber and Selena first started dating in December 2010 (however, their dating news started hitting the tabloids in January 2011) and continued dating until December 2012. After splitting from each other in late 2012, they reconciled again in April 2013 and remained together for two months up to June 2013. They were again rumored to be dating in early 2014. In November 2017, the singers resumed dating each other. But, again after dating for 4 months, they put their relationship on hold in March 2018.
- Austin Mahone (2014) – Selena dated singer Austin Mahone, who is younger than her. Taylor Swift, Selena’s best friend has served as the matchmaker this time. As per US Weekly, the two singers are dating since January 29, 2014. According to Austin, he is just friends with Selena.
- Orlando Bloom (2014) – RUMOR
- Tommaso Chiabra (2014) – In July 2014, she had a fling with Italian businessman Tommaso Chiabra. She was in Saint-Tropez, France with her friend Cara Delevingne. More information at NYDailyNews.com.
- Zedd (2015) – Selena and German DJ Zedd were RUMORed to have dated from January 2015 to April 2015. The duo first met at a recording studio in Los Angeles. After that, they were seen together at multiple locations including Golden Globes 2015 party holding each other’s hands.
- Charlie Puth (2015) – After singer Charlie Puth mentioned about Selena Gomez’s album on Twitter, it sparked rumors of their dating together.
- Samuel Krost (2015) – She was rumored to have had a fling with Samuel Krost when they were seen holding hands of each other in New York City on November 9, 2015.
- Niall Horan (2015) – One Direction’s Niall Horan sparked dating rumors with Selena when they were seen partying together several times.
- Maluma (2017) – Selena was rumored to be dating with Colombian singer, Maluma in 2017. It all started when Selena followed Maluma on Instagram and he quickly offered her to collaborate. Later, Selena also titled one of her pictures with Maluma’s song Vente Pa’ Ca.
- The Weeknd (2017) – Gomez started her relationship with Canadian singer The Weeknd in January 2017. They dated for 10 months and called it quits in October 2017.
- Caleb Stevens (2018) – Rumor
- Jimmy Butler – In December 2020, it came to public knowledge that basketball star, Jimmy Butler and Selena had previously gone on a few dates while she was in New York City.
- Aaron Dominguez – Rumor
- Andrew “Drew” Taggart(2023) – In January 2023, it was rumored that Selena was dating The Chainsmokers‘ singer Andrew “Drew” Taggart. However, she later denied the dating rumors and revealed that she was “single”.
- Zayn Malik (2023) – In March 2023, Selena was rumored to be dating singer Zayn Malik after they were seen together in New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Caucasian)
She has Mexican ancestry on her father’s side and Italian roots on her mother’s side.
She is naturally brunette (dark brown hair).
But, sometimes dye her hair black. In April 2021, she dyed her hair back to blonde after 3.5 years.
- Thick hair
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
Sears, UNICEF, Adidas, Eco, Adrenalina (perfume company), Pantene, Our Place, etc.
She has appeared in TV commercials for Borden Milk in 2009.
She grew up in a Catholic household.
However, as of 2020, she had said that she did not consider herself religious but was more concerned with her faith and connection to God.
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Alex Russo on the Disney Channel Original Series Wizards of Waverly Place and of course for her ongoing singing career
- Solo – Gomez released her debut studio album “Stars Dance” on July 19, 2013, via Hollywood Records. This is her first solo album and fourth overall (as she released the first three albums under the band). It received mixed reviews and consisted of 11 singles to make it a total length of almost 39 minutes. It charted at number 1 on US Billboard 200.
- Under the band name Selena Gomez & the Scene – “Kiss & Tell” was released on September 29, 2009, by the teen pop band “Selena Gomez & the Scene”, formed by Selena Gomez.
First TV Show
Selena appeared in the children’s TV series, Barney & Friends from 2002 to 2003 as Gianna. She had recurring roles in season 7 and season 8.
Gomez appeared in the 2003 film Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over for her role as Waterpark Girl.
She does eat a balanced diet. See her workout and diet plan.
In January 2022, Selena revealed in an interview to InStyle that she generally gives 1 hour to herself to wake up and have coffee. She then does boxing to clear her mind. After that, she washes her face with the Tatcha cleanser and then applies moisturizer. Alternatively, she sometimes uses SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Masque as a mask. Finally, she takes a 5-minute cold shower as a way to reset her mind.
Selena Gomez Favorite Things
- Food – Pickles, Pizza with jalapeño and mushrooms, Mango
- TV Programs – Wizards Of Waverly Place (2007-2012), Hannah Montana (2006-2011), Shake it up (2010), Friends (1994-2004)
- Actress – Rachel McAdams
- Movies – Titanic (1997), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), Howl’s Moving Castle (2004), Spirited Away (2001)
- Actor – Johnny Depp
- Number – 2
- Animal – Dog
- Band – Paramore
- Color – Green, Purple
- Ice-Cream – Rocky Road
- Horror Movies – Halloween (2007), I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
- Songs – Baby One More Time (Britney Spears), Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO), What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction in 2012)
- Restaurant – Maggiano’s Little Italy, Los Angeles, USA
- Accessories – Bracelets, Earrings, Shoes
- People – Shia LaBeouf, Lady Sovereign, Justin Bieber
- Idol – Britney Spears
- Places – Malaysia, Hawaii, Paris
- Candy – Snickers Bars, Good & Plenty Candy
- Clothing Company – Urban Outfitters and American Apparel
- Island – Tropical Island of Puerto Rico
- Perfume – Frilly Lily
- Scented Candle – Voluspa Mokara, Voluspa Saijo Persimmon
- Drink – Pickle Juice (She has been told by other people that she is weird and disgusting about her favorite drink)
Selena Gomez Tattoos
- In 2012, Selena got a tattoo of a ‘music note’ (8th note) on the outside of her wrist. She had specifically clarified that it was not a heart tattoo.
- In 2013, she revealed that she got the phrase ‘God strengthens me’. It is a quote inspired by the Bible verse Philippians 4:13.
- Selena has the phrase ‘Love Yourself First’ in Arabic tattooed on her right upper back which she got in 2014.
- On her left hip, she has the symbol of ‘Om’ (derived from Hindu tradition) tattooed in 2015.
- She also has a tattoo of a ‘semi colon’ on her other wrist. She got this tattoo in honor of the show 13 Reasons Why which she had produced.
- To celebrate her friendship with Courtney Lopez, she got the matching tattoo ‘1’ on the rib cage in August 2018.
- The very same day she got the number 1, she also got the number ‘4’ tattooed on her arm along with 3 other friends.
- In honor of her half-sister Gracie, she got a cursive ‘G’ tattooed behind her ear.
- Selena has the word ‘Sunshine’ tattooed on her foot which is reported to be in reference to her grandmother.
- She has the year ‘1976’, which is written in Roman numerals, tattooed behind her neck. This one is allegedly a tribute to her mom, Mandy Teefey who was born in 1976.
- She has a date tattooed on her upper arm on which she got the kidney transplant. Francia Raisa was the one who donated her kidney.
- She has a big thigh tattoo that shows two hands folded in the praying position holding rosary beads set. She showed off this tattoo in November 2019 after her American Music Awards performance.
- Selena also has a matching sleek arrow on her hand’s thumb which she got as a sign of friendship with Julia Michaels in 2019.
- In honor of her album released in January 2020, she got the word ‘Rare’ tattooed on her neck.
- In April 2021, Selena got a tattoo of a ‘small cross’ on her left collarbone area from NYC-based tattoo artist Bang Bang.
- In December 2021, she got a pink dripping tattoo on her back.
- In May 2022, she showed her tattoo with the words ‘By God’ on her right ankle.
Selena Gomez Facts
- Selena Gomez has 5 pet dogs, namely, Chip, Willy, Fina, Wallace, and Baylor. These dogs were mostly stray dogs, adopted by Selena Gomez.
- Selena Gomez was named an ambassador to the Ryan Seacrest Foundation in April 2012.
- Selena was named after Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla-Pérez. Selene means “Goddess of the moon.”
- Selena Gomez was born when her mother was 16.
- She launched her own line of perfume called “Selena Gomez” in July 2012 and it is exclusive to Macy’s.
- Some of her other ventures include a clothing line, a handbag line, and a production company named July Moonhead Productions.
- Selena was chosen as the cover girl of Elle Magazine for the July 2012 issue. Later, she also graced the September 2021 cover of Elle Magazine.
- Selena changed the way of signing autographs after watching the movie “Ramona and Beezus”. Earlier, she used to write “S” followed by “♥.” Now, she just writes her full name.
- Selena would have been a chef if she were not an actress and singer.
- Selena Gomez had received a Mickey Mouse charm necklace from Disney Channel.
- In September 2017, Selena’s close friend Francia Raisa gave her a kidney as her kidneys were not functioning well due to her fight with Lupus.
- In September 2018, she got to know about her low White Blood Cells (WBC) count which made her emotional. She was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. But, because the problem didn’t resolve, she was again rushed to the hospital. All these things further broke her emotionally and she had to then undergo dialectical behavior therapy.
- In 2018, Selena Gomez (along with Michael B. Jordan) joined hands with the fashion brand ‘Coach’ for their ‘Dream It Real’ initiative. Coach has further partnered with The Future Project to make their initiative (whereby the dreams of youngsters would be turned to reality) a success. For this, Selena and Michael visited the partner schools for a year.
- In October 2018, she was pushed back to #2 on Instagram in terms of the number of Instagram followers by Cristiano Ronaldo.
- She has a celebrity crush on Logan Lerman.
- Selena admitted to suffering from depression and anxiety and she opened up about it at Massachusetts’ McLean Hospital while receiving an award at their annual dinner on September 13, 2019. She was honored for speaking up and seeking medical help for her depression and anxiety. Her initiative to speak about it helped in promoting the public’s understanding of psychiatric illness and mental health, which is usually difficult for people to accept.
- She also revealed on April 3, 2020, that she had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- In 2020, Selena purchased a 11,000 square feet house in Encino for almost $5 million.
- Selena Gomez collaborated with the South Korean girl group Blackpink to release the song Ice Cream on August 28, 2020. Even the music video for the song was not spared from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and it was revealed that the scenes featuring Gomez were filmed in the United States while the scenes with Blackpink were shot in South Korea.
- Her line of makeup products, Rare Beauty, was launched on September 3, 2020, at Sephora and RareBeauty.com.
- In October 2020, Selena revealed that she suffered from a bit of depression when the pandemic had started in the United States.
- Selena was the 10th most streamed female artist on Spotify in 2020. Billie Eilish had topped that list.
- In December 2020, she was announced as one of the People magazine’s 2020 People of the Year. The other 3 celebs who were honored with a similar title were George Clooney, Regina King, and Dr. Anthony Fauci.
- Selena was honored with the ‘Favorite Vegan Makeup Line’ award at PETA’s 2020 Libby Awards.
- In January 2021, she released her new Spanish song De Una Vez along with the music video.
- On January 29, 2021, she released another Spanish song Baila Conmigo with Puerto Rican rapper Rauw Alejandro and Tainy.
- Selena had recorded most of her Spanish EP Revelación (which was released in March 2021) over Zoom due to COVID-19.
- In collaboration with DJ Snake, Selena released a new song Selfish Love in 2021. This was her second collaboration with DJ Snake. The first one was in 2018 when she released Taki Taki along with Cardi B and Ozuna.
- In March 2021, she revealed that she might retire from music and instead would focus on acting. She said in a Vogue cover story, “It’s hard to keep doing music when people don’t necessarily take you seriously.”
- In April 2021, Selena and her Rare Beauty company launched “Mental Health 101,” a campaign for people struggling with their mental health.
- While filming her Hulu series Only Murders In The Building!, Selena’s co-star Martin Short used to call her by the name Bubbala.
- In 2021, she teamed up with Theresa Mingus and Morgan Brutocao of the swimsuit company La’Mariette to launch 6 swim styles – two tops, two bottoms, a one-piece, and a sarong.
- In August 2021, Selena and Camilo released a new single titled 999.
- Selena is the co-owner and investor in the Seredipity3 restaurant in New York City.
- In October 2021, Selena announced her collaboration with Grammy award-winning band, Coldplay, for the song, Let Somebody Go. The track was featured on the band’s 9th studio album, Music of the Spheres. The music video of the song was released in February 2022.
- In October 2021, Selena had shown her new bob haircut on TikTok while she was promoting the Only Murders In The Building finale watch party.
- In 2021, Selena was ranked #15 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In November 2021, she launched a new mental health company called WonderMind along with her mother Mandy Teefey and Daniella Pierson.
- In November 2021, Selena received her first Grammy nomination for her Spanish EP Revelación. She was nominated in the category of ‘Best Latin Pop Album’ for the 2022 Grammys.
- In February 2022, Selena’s company Rare Beauty launched its first in-person pop-up shops called “cafes”.
- In April 2022, Selena revealed that she had previously taken a break from social media and had not been on the internet for more than 4 years.
- In August 2022, Selena teamed up with Rema for a new version of his song, Calm Down.
- In 2022, as per the Hopper HQ list, Selena was earning $1,735,000 per post on Instagram which made her the 4th highest-paid celebrity on Instagram.
- In October 2022, it was revealed that Selena had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In November 2022, Selena released a new single titled My Mind & Me.
- In her 2022 documentary Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me, Selena revealed that she had a crush on Cole Sprouse in the past.
- In February 2023, she deactivated her TikTok account following weeks of feud rumors with Kylie Jenner and Hailey Bieber and body shaming.
- Towards the end of February 2023, she once again became the most followed woman on Instagram, with over 381 million followers, by beating Kylie Jenner.