Christina Milian says she wishes people would stop asking her to ‘dip it low’ and 15 more things you probably didn’t know about the actress
Email icon An envelope. It indicates the ability to send an email.
Share icon An curved arrow pointing right.
Facebook Icon The letter F.
Facebook Email icon An envelope. It indicates the ability to send an email.
Email Twitter icon A stylized bird with an open mouth, tweeting.
Twitter Snapchat icon A ghost.
Snapchat Fliboard icon A stylized letter F.
Flipboard Pinterest icon The letter “P” styled to look like a thumbtack pin.
Pinterest Link icon An image of a chain link. It symobilizes a website link url.
- Christina Milian is a singer and actress who appears in movies like “Love Don’t Cost a Thing” (2003), “Be Cool” (2005), and “Falling Inn Love” (2019).
- The 38-year-old has partnered with Kin to launch a Facebook Watch show called “What Happens at Home.”
- She answered some rapid-fire questions for Insider about her new show, how her parenting style has changed during the pandemic, and the ambitious career goal she hopes to accomplish one day.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Top editors give you the stories you want — delivered right to your inbox each weekday.
Loading Something is loading.
Thanks for signing up!
Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you’re on the go. download the app
Christina Milian is a singer, actress, and businesswoman. Outside of the entertainment sphere, the 38-year-old raises her two children, Violet, 10, and newborn Isaiah, and co-owns Viva Diva Wines and a Beignet truck called Beignet Box.
Most recently, Milian has teamed up with entertainment company Kin to launch a remotely produced Facebook Watch series called “What Happens at Home.”
The show, which premiered on May 14, provides a glimpse at the star’s life during the pandemic.
She answered some rapid-fire questions for Insider about her motivation to film “What Happens at Home,” the ways her parenting style has altered during the pandemic, and the professional goal she hopes to achieve one day.
1. Why did you partner with Kin to launch “What Happens at Home?”
I thought especially during this difficult time when everyone is at home with more time on their hands, I wanted to be a part of the content that people utilize to keep themselves (and their kids) busy.
Whether it’s cooking something, doing crafts with the kids or just at-home projects – it’s just great to be a part of a community and platform that shows my family in an authentic way.
“What Happens at Home” was a perfect way to show the fans that we’re just like them, and to give them something to look forward to during quarantine.
2. What do you hope people take away from the show?
That it’s OK if things don’t always go according to plan. As long as you have fun and enjoy the process – that’s what matters.
3. Can you talk about the most challenging part of staying home during the pandemic?
I’ve found being quarantined at home to be a blessing in disguise. I wouldn’t have been able to have this uninterrupted quality time with my newborn and family if not. I will say, Violet’s schoolwork can be challenging!
Mom & Dad #BoredatHome 🙃🌽 follow my #tiktok @christinamilian
A post shared by Christina Milian (@christinamilian) on Mar 21, 2020 at 6:21pm PDT Mar 21, 2020 at 6:21pm PDT
4. What is the craziest thing you’ve done while self-isolating?
You’ll see some of the crazy things we get up to on “What Happens at Home.”
5. What’s the first thing you’ll do once normal life resumes?
I can’t wait to take Violet to her favorite sushi restaurant.
6. How has your parenting style changed during the pandemic?
I’m getting more quality and one-on-one time with my family than ever before, and learning to navigate homeschooling with Violet, a newborn, and all my projects simultaneously have been a new adventure.
7. What’s the last show you binged?
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
To be in two places at once — isn’t that every mom’s dream?
He’s got me wrapped around his tiny little finger.. 🤍
A post shared by Christina Milian (@christinamilian) on Feb 4, 2020 at 2:06pm PST Feb 4, 2020 at 2:06pm PST
9. A book you think everyone should read?
“Forks Over Knives” — a healthy way to make plant-based recipes for my family
10. What’s the biggest misconception about you?
I honestly don’t know to be honest with you.
I’m so cavalier with people about myself that I don’t know if there are any misconceptions, but if anybody thinks that anything in my life comes easy, that’s not the case. It’s a lot of hard work and a lot of multitasking, but I’m not complaining about that at all.
11. Beach or mountain?